It has been over a year since the kick-off of the crEATe ecosystem in January 2019. The event gathered people interested in ideating new solutions around food. The focus in the discussions was on people’s vitality, sustainability, customer experience and restaurant solutions.
A lot has already been achieved. crEATe has successfully organized two larger ecosystem events and a couple of workshops. The ecosystem has presented its ideas and visions not only in Finnish forums but abroad as well. New partners have been found to carry out new pilot projects.
Highlights in 2019
- A total of 21 ideas by 51 companies and other organizations were generated in crEATe ecosystem activities
- 6 projects were under development
- 4 research and pilot projects were executed at the TestEat Research Restaurant
- More than 100 consumers were involved in our projects
The first crEATe research projects took place in spring 2019 at the TestEat research restaurant. The restaurant was opened late 2018 to enable piloting of future solutions for eating and food production in a real consumption environment. The projects have yielded interesting results and valuable experiences.
crEATe projects in 2019
- Recovery Lunch, research project by VTT: A research project aiming at analyzing if modifications in lunch restaurant atmosphere changes customer behaviour and stress recovery. The results will be published during 2020.
- Fazer Brainhow: A well-being service that motivates and makes it easy to make healthier choices in everyday life.
- PowerSnack study by Fazer Group and present Compass Group Finland: The aim of the study was to evaluate what kind of protein-enriched snacks are favoured by older people.
- crEATe tracking: A tracking system with 36 sensors was built for collecting objective data for customer flows, dwell time and changes in the behavior at the TestEat restaurant.
crEATing during 2020
Sustainability will be our focus theme in 2020. However, we will not forget the other two important themes: people’s vitality and customer experience. In addition, three new projects have been confirmed for 2020 and more will follow during the year!
TAKE A LOOK AT crEATe_summary 2019